It is unfortunate that even when you obey all the traffic rules, you can still get into a road accident because of another person’s negligence. It is natural to be bitter about spending money to repair your vehicle and pay your medical bills when you had no fault. Thankfully, the law allows you to file a drunk driving claim against the driver who caused the collision.
If you have acquired injuries, whether minor or severe, you can recover various kinds of damages from the responsible party. We suggest you speak to Los Angeles car accident attorneys to get the compensation you deserve and nothing less. Attorneys can also protect you from getting cheated by the defense or the insurance company.
Damages You Can Be Compensated For:
You can acquire several economic and non-economic losses from a drunk driving claim. They are as follows.
- Medical Expenses – Healthcare is expensive, and being in a car accident can result in severe injuries. You may require tens of thousands of dollars to pay for your treatment bills. These bills may include diagnosis, hospitalization, medications, therapy sessions, medical equipment, appointments, and future medical costs. If you need to travel a long distance to meet your doctor, you can recover compensation for your transportation as well.
- Lost Wages – Broken ribs, excessive blood loss, soft tissue injuries, burns, and internal injuries are some of the severe injuries you can get from a car accident. Injuries like this can result in you not going to work for a long time, or they can also result in permanent disability. If your injuries are putting you out of work or posing a threat to your future finances, you can retrieve compensation for loss of wages and career.
- Vehicle Repair or Replacement – An accident is bound to cause damage to your vehicle. You may have to replace the broken windows or get a new front bumper or replace the doors. In severe cases, your car may be too damaged to be fully repaired again. You can hold the at-fault party liable for causing damage to your vehicle and ask for repairs or replacement compensation.
- Psychological Trauma – A car accident is a near-death experience for many. People stay hospitalized for days and relive the incident in their minds over and over again. Some people even acquire mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression. Diseases like these require professional help; therefore, you are allowed to charge the responsible party for your therapy sessions.
- Wrongful Death Damages – You can acquire this type of compensation if your loved one has died because of someone else’s negligence. In this case, the defendant is liable to pay for their funeral costs, pain, the suffering of the family members, loss of affection and companionship, and financial damages.