New bettors who are just learning the basics of betting often experience difficulties with choosing the right sports to place bets on. Everyone tries to find the most predictable sports.
So, to avoid puzzling over the choice of sports discipline for the game in a bookmaker’s office, it is worth using specialized platforms that offer sports predictions. One of such websites is Scores 24. The advantages of this platform include the following:
- predictions are absolutely free;
- the platform publishes predictions on the most popular disciplines;
- betting tips are offered not only for the top tournaments but also for little-known, as well as minor ones;
- each forecast is accompanied by a detailed analysis of the sporting event;
- the website offers information on what bookmaker office offers the most favorable odds;
- there are links to live video broadcasts of matches.
Predictions from Scores 24 enable its customers to start earning on the following sports:
- ice hockey;
But, in any case, it is recommended to start with the discipline with which the bettor is familiar the most. This is the way to get used to the process and understand the principle of placing bets in order to make money in this business.
As a rule, the easiest disciplines for predicting are believed to be:
- ice hockey.
Let us discuss the advantages of betting on each of these sports. But first, we need to understand the basic principles of prediction.
The basic principles of prediction
First of all, it should be kept in mind that there are no easy disciplines for prediction. There are only those in which it is easier to make a conclusion. And figuring out a more effective bet requires hard work that involves digging through a lot of statistics and studying the news about the upcoming match, whatever sports discipline it relates to.
The easiest way to predict the result is if only two outcomes are offered for a bet. For example, in soccer, the game can end in a draw, a win for the home team, or a triumph for the visitors. But there are no draws in basketball and tennis, although there are options for betting on totals, handicaps, or other additional markets from the action line, which also features two outcomes.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a discipline to predict. The most important of these are considered to be the following:
- Choose a sport with a lot of information about it available. If a bettor has a good knowledge of an exotic discipline, this knowledge will come in handy, because it is easier to catch out the bookmaker in a mistake in such competitions. The line on popular sports is elaborated more carefully;
- the width of the action line. The wider the action line is, the easier it is to find the right bet. For example, some of the top betting companies offer more than 5,000 outcomes for widely promoted soccer matches, while this number for a handball encounter may be limited to twenty;
- game statistics. The availability of publicly available statistical data on the performance of teams or athletes greatly simplifies the analysis;
- availability of video broadcasts of matches. Watching games live (or at least in replays) makes it easier to understand the competitiveness of each team.
Peculiar features of predicting soccer matches
Soccer is one of the best sports to make successful predictions. There are a number of reasons for this, including the following:
- the discipline is the most popular in the world, and the games are always well covered on television or online;
- a great variety of bets, as the width of the line of most bookmakers, covers regional competitions, minor leagues, and women’s championships;
- the soccer action line is the deepest, so it is easy to pick up not only the main outcomes but also unique ones;
- a lot of information about matches, players, and team statistics is freely available;
- many strategies for betting on this sport have been developed.
Of all the variety of markets, the predictions are made most frequently on:
- main outcomes;
- replacement numbers;
- yellow and red cards;
- results by halves.
The easiest matches for predicting the outcome are those where there is a clear favorite and an outsider. But there are also a large number of games, which involve opponents approximately equal in strength. In such situations, odds will be high for any outcome of the meeting. But the correct prediction of the outcome requires bettors to take into account the following factors:
- physical fitness of players;
- motivation before the game;
- absence of players due to injury or other reasons;
- transfers made during the off-season;
- the ranking of the teams and their tournament position;
- the history of head-to-head battles.
Features of basketball betting
Basketball is interesting because there are no draws, which makes it easier to predict the outcome of the game because you only have to guess which of the two teams will win.
Basketball tournaments are also well covered, and information about the teams is easy to be found online. But basketball is the most popular because of the possibility of betting by quarter. Totals and handicaps are especially popular, as basketball is a high-performance sport.
The advantage of predicting basketball games is the high density of games due to a busy schedule. Sometimes teams play four times a week so it is easy to collect data for analysis.
Features of tennis betting
Many experts consider tennis to be the most predictable sport discipline. In addition to the fact that there are no draws in this sport, it is required to analyze the performance of one tennis player only, unlike in team sports.
When analyzing the upcoming tennis matches one should take into account the following:
- the psychological state of the participants;
- the level of preparation and physical fitness;
- the history of personal meetings;
- court surface;
- the busyness of the schedule and the fatigue of the athletes;
- information about possible injuries in previous games.
To be successful in betting, it is not necessary to bet on all available events or outcomes. To improve the chances, bettors should carefully approach the analysis and choose sports where they are familiar with the rules and details.